DATES TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Clarksdale F&SPUMC invites you to attend their “Road to Bethlehem” Drive-thru nativity scene on Monday and Tuesday, December 18th and 19th, from 6 – 8 p.m. nightly at the St. Paul’s campus, 1012 W. Second St., Clarksdale, MS 38614. Call Laura or Renee at the church office for more information. (662) 624-6893/8596.
2. December 20-January 2(2018)-Office closed for Christmas Holidays
3. January 1, 2018-1:00 a.m…….link for reporting the 2017 statistics will be on the conference website. (clergy should have received an email concerning this on Thursday 12/7……if you did not, let me know)
4. January 6, 2018-SENATOBIA DISTRICT CLERGY EPIPHANY PARTY AT BADDOUR CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRUNCH FROM 10 UNTIL NOON…please call and let me know you are coming ASAP!
5. January 15, 2018-Desoto Cluster will meet at Methodist Hospital Olive Branch for their regular meeting which will include a tour of the facility! Each church in the cluster needs to be represented at this meeting, clergy you are invited toooooo!
6. January 19, 2018-Deposit deadline for District Mission Trip
7. January 20, 2018-District Wide Children’s Workers Training Event-Mark this date NOW! The Xtra Conference…please register your children workers ASAP!….December 19th is the registration deadline, if we don’t have enough registered we will cancel this event! A decision on this event will be made tomorrow, if you have folks coming you need to call me TODAY!
8. January 28-Leadership Training at Senatobia First-Please mark your calendars for January 28, 2018, 2:00, at Senatobia First UMC. This will be the day of our annual leadership training. (call office before 1/21 to register) The following areas will be covered:
1. Rickey Haynes-Trustees
2. Keith Keeton-Finance and Treasurers
3. Lay Leadership and Intentional Discipleship-Cristen Barnard and Scott Larsen
4. S/PPRC-Larry Hilliard
9. January 29, 2018-link for reporting the 2017 statistics will close at 11:00 a.m.
10. February 5-7- Clergy Leadership Conference . Erin Hawkins, the General Secretary of GCORR, will be our speaker. Her topic is “Leading Into the Future,” and we’re going to focus on work that can prepare us as to lead better as clergy in our increasingly, beautifully multicultural communities – including how to have faithful, frank conversations about race and religion. The Millsaps Singers will present an Evensong service again, and some other Millsaps staff/faculty will be sharing their gifts with us, as well. This is going to be a great event for clergy seeking to make disciples of all the people in their communities, as well as for those clergy who are interested in the work of racial reconciliation/justice, as well as for any clergy who might be interested in exploring cross-cultural ministry!
11. February 17-Lay Servant School facilitated by Methodist Hospital Navigators-Location Hernando UMC-Inclement weather date is February 24(Should we have to postpone the location on the 24thwould be Senatobia First UMC)….you must let me know if you are coming!
CLERGY YOU CAN COME TOO AND YOU WILL
RECEIVE .5 CEU’S!
Please urge your folks to make sure they sign up for the Lay Servant School, scheduled for February 17th at Hernando UMC. this opportunity is sponsored by the Desoto Cluster but the faculty is from The Methodist Hospital! The classes that will be offered are: Avoid Burnout In Ministry, Living With Alzheimer’s, Mental Health and the Opioid Epidemic, and Power To Forgive is Power to Heal. ANYONE is welcome to attend, you just have to register by calling the district office. Even if you are not a part of the lay servant ministry in our district, feel free to attend……….
One of the best features of the day, is that it is FREE! All we ask is for a donation that day for your lunch……..
12. February 23-25, 2018-THE GATHERING-Directors Cut-(grades 6-12 and their leaders)
13. March 3-Basic Lay Servant Class at District Office …please register
14. March 19-Desoto County Cluster meets at the WELL in Lewisburg
15. May 31-June 2, 2018 ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2018!!!!
16. June 11-19, 2018 District Mission Trip to El Salvador! 5thyear!