Senatobia, MS – The Baddour Center is happy to announce that Independence United Methodist Church has reached out to Baddour residents by inviting them to join a Sunday School program at the church.
“We are thrilled about the church’s willingness to do this and thankful for their enthusiasm,” Parke Pepper, Executive Director of The Baddour Center, said. “Welcoming these residents into the church body is an awesome thing, and the residents always love being a part of our larger community.”
Currently, around 10 residents, dubbed the Baddour Bible Bunch, are traveling to IUMC each Sunday morning to attend Sunday School and the church’s worship service. The church is graciously providing a driver to transport residents each week, and other church volunteers have also pitched in to help with the program.
Pastor Jim Glass, the pastor at IUMC and a part-time pastor at The Baddour Center, said the church’s congregation is more than happy to welcome the Bunch with open arms.
“Having the Baddour Bible Bunch at our church for the class and for the worship service is a double blessing to the church, and we are seeking to be a blessing to them too,” he said. “They’re excited to be coming, and that excitement spills over into the whole church.”
The Baddour Center is proud to be home to residents who actively pursue spiritual growth, with many attending on-campus worship services and others attending community church services each week.
If your church is interested in starting a program similar to the one initiated by IUMC, contact Melissa Baker, Baddour’s Director of Community Life, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 662.366.6917.
Please be in prayer for the family of the late Reverend Wilfred T. Mayfield, Sr.
Omega Memorial Service will be Fri., Oct. 20 at 5:00 at Asbury UMC in Holly Springs. (5-7 Viewing)
Sat., Oct. 21 at 10:00 a.m. Service at Natalie Doxey Alumni Building on Rust College Campus. For more information or questions, contact Brian White 662-278-9102.
1. October 21, 2017 – Senatobia District UMW Annual Meeting at Hernando UMC…keynote speaker will be LaToya Redd Thompson, our conference lay leader
2. October 21-Minor Memorial Fall Festival
3. October 21-22, 2017-at Camp Lake Stephens-Junior High Spiritual Life
4. November 10-12, 2017-at Camp Lake Stephens-Senior High Spiritual Life
5. November 12, 2017-Gathering Tour of Directors Cut at Senatobia 1st UMC!
6. November 13, 2017-Desoto Cluster at Hernando UMC-Iris Holloway and Carla Gant of the Sardis UMC will share about their involvement with the UM Children’s Home
7. November 20-24, 2017-Thanksgiving Holidays
1. Many thanks to Beau and Iris Holloway of Sardis UMC who just picked up 31 container boxes of shoeboxes and are transporting them to the warehouse in Decatur. Thanks to everyone who is involved in this ministry in any way!
2. Thursday, December 7, at Senatobia 1st UMC Fellowship Hall at 6:00 p.m. please join us for a cup of soup and training on the 2017 statistical reporting…….this will be especially important to those of you who are doing stats for the first year, but anyone is welcome and would benefit from this training. Our conference statistician, Rev. Rex Wilburn, will conduct the training. Let me know if you are coming so I can make plenty of soup! Be reminded the statistical reports will be due the end of January!
3. Please urge those who are interested to register for the following upcoming events, early bird registration makes planning so much easier!
January 20, 2018-District Wide Children’s Workers Training Event-Mark this date NOW! The Xtra Conference
February 17-Lay Servant School facilitated by Methodist Hospital Navigators-Location Hernando UMC-Inclement weather date is February 24
March 3-Basic Lay Servant Class at District Office
Many thanks to the hard working ‘elves’ who came in over the weekend and packed 31 container boxes of UMCOR shoeboxes! Now to get them to the warehouse in Decatur, PLEASE let me know if you have someone in your church that can work on this mission!
If you missed the S/PPRC training in Hernando last Thursday, please make every effort to attend the training this Thursday night(October 12) at Batesville 1st UMC at 6:30 p.m. Pastors, Chairs and all current committee members are urged to attend.
Please see the 2 attachments concerning the “Faith and Health Conference” for clergy and congregational leaders.
DATES TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. October 12, 2017 SPRC Workshop at Batesville 1st UMC..6:30
2. October 21, 2017-Senatobia District UMW Annual Meeting at Hernando UMC…keynote speaker will be LaToya Redd Thompson, our conference lay leader
3. October 21-Minor Memorial Fall Festival
4. October 21-22, 2017-at Camp Lake Stephens-Junior High Spiritual Life
Files: faithandhealthconference2017.pdf faithandhealthnconference.docx
I just wanted to quickly send out a reminder about the upcoming Conference, “Faith and Health: Making the Connection.” It happens in Memphis on Thursday, Nov 2 at Mississippi Boulevard Christian Church. A detailed flyer with registration form is attached, and also, to see more and to register, you can follow this link:
Many of you have heard from me about this previously. The registration deadline is quickly approaching, and I want to make sure that all of our United Methodist Clergy and Congregational Leaders are aware of the event. Please spread the word as you are able.
Thanks again for all of your help. I hope to see you at the Conference!
Rev. Jonathan C. Lewis, MDiv, BCC
Chaplain, Faith and Health Division
1211 Union Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
direct (901) 516-0990
Faith and Health Conference 2017
Congregational Care and Visitation Dates: 10/5/17-11/16/17 Methodist University Hospital Living with Stroke Dates: 10/5/17-11/16/17 Methodist University Hospital Alliance After Care Dates: 10/5/17-11/16/17 Methodist North Hospital Diabetes Class (Spanish) Dates: 10/5/17-11/16/17 Methodist North Hospital Understanding Your Role as an Active Participant … …Read More →
Please be reminded of the S/PPRC training that is to be held this Thursday(Oct 5) night at Hernando UMC at 6:30. If you and any of the members of your committee cannot make it to this training, it will be … …Read More →
The 2018 District Mission Trip to El Salvador will be June 11-19, 2018. Sign up deadline will be January 19 with a $250 deposit due. Anyone interested in going for the first time must also submit an application. There is … …Read More →
Jim, Cheryl, District Clergy, and Past El Salvador Team Members, The 2018 District Mission Trip to El Salvador will be June 11-19, 2018. Sign up deadline will be January 19 with a $250 deposit due. Anyone interested in going … …Read More →
Hello Pastors and Liaisons, Our next session of CHN Our next session of CHN classes begins soon. Would you please share this information with your congregation and encourage them to attend. Thanks so much!! Jennifer Garrott, Navigator Attachments: CHN Training Schedule … …Read More →