Clarksdale First & Saint Paul UMC invites you to attend their “Road to Bethlehem” Drive-thru nativity scene on Monday and Tuesday, December 18th and 19th, from 6 – 8 p.m. nightly at the St. Paul’s campus, 1012 W. Second St., Clarksdale, MS 38614. Call Laura or Renee at the church office for more information. (662) 624-6893/8596.
The Mississippi United Methodist Conference is seeking to fill the position of youth and communications assistant. If you or anyone you know is a qualified, self-motivated, team player and a great candidate for this position, email your letter of intent and resume to Rev. Vickie White at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Youth and Communication Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Applications for this position will be received by email only. The deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 5.
This position is responsible for administrative support of youth and family ministry programming and video production of youth and family ministry events and trainings as well as breaking news video production for the Mississippi Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church.
- Provide administrative support for youth and family ministries through organizing events and preparation of materials for meetings, training programs, and conferences
- Manage projects, determine priorities and maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality, comfortably taking initiative and exercising independent judgment to resolve issues
- Conduct off-site work with administrative staff of various vendors and facilities, for set-up tasks and coordination of successful events
- Assist the youth and family ministry coordinator administering the ministry area budget, including monitoring and tracking expenses, budget reconciliation, resolving issues and assisting with developing budget projections, collecting information for budget development to ensure accuracy and compliance with approved budget and assigned codes
- Connect with students and youth and family ministry leaders on all social platforms under the direction of communications
- Create highlight videos of all youth and family ministries events and trainings
- Lead the media volunteers for events
- Create regular social media videos with conference senior staff for promotion of events and trainings and other immediate-release information under the direction of communications
- and other duties as deemed needed
Click here to view full job description.
TO: pastors, missions chairs, children’s and youth workers, and lay leaders. !
Please see the attached toolkit for help with your church’s “LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE CAMPAIGN THIS YEAR.” for the Methodist Children’s Home….
You will notice that this year’s video is in the toolkit. We are excited to share about MCH and think this video gives a good perspective on our organization.
Please contact either myself or Samantha Kalahar (email@example.com) with any questions or feedback.
Mandy (McCullough) Bufkin
Methodist Children’s Homes
(601)853-5000 ext 1255
DESOTO CLUSTER TONIGHT AT 6:30 AT HERNANDO UMC WITH SPECIAL GUESTS TO SHARE ABOUT THEIR WORK WITH THE METHODIST CHILDRENS HOME
DATES TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. November 20-24, 2017-Thanksgiving Holidays-Office Closed
2. December 7, 2017-Senatobia 1st-6:00-Statistical Reporting Training-must register to attend
3. December 16 and 17; Living Nativity at Bakers Chapel UMC-5pm til 8 pm on both days. Everyone is welcome to come by and to come into the church for cookies, wassail, hot chocolate and coffee. (donations are always welcome)…call Cheryl if you need more information
4. December 20-January 3(2018)-Office closed for Christmas Holidays
5. January 6, 2018-SENATOBIA DISTRICT CLERGY EPIPHANY PARTY AT BADDOUR CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRUNCH FROM 10 UNTIL NOON
6. January 15, 2018-Desoto Cluster will meet at Methodist Hospital Olive Branch for their regular meeting which will include a tour of the facility!
7. January 19, 2018-Deposit deadline for District Mission Trip
8. January 20, 2018-District Wide Children’s Workers Training Event-Mark this date NOW! The Xtra Conference…please register your children workers ASAP!
9. February 17-Lay Servant School facilitated by Methodist Hospital Navigators-Location Hernando UMC-Inclement weather date is February 24(Should we have to postpone the location on the 24thwould be Senatobia First UMC)….you must let me know if you are coming!
10. February 23-25, 2018-THE GATHERING-Directors Cut-(grades 6-12 and their leaders)
11. March 3-Basic Lay Servant Class at District Office …please register
12. March 19-Desoto County Cluster meets at the WELL in Lewisburg
13. May 31-June 2, 2018 ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2018!!!!
14. June 11-19, 2018 District Mission Trip to El Salvador! 5th year!
This year it will be on December 16 and 17; 5pm til 8pm on both days. Everyone is welcome to come by and to come into the church for cookies, wassail, hot chocolate and coffee. (donations are always welcome)
CLERGY CONTINUING EDUCATION EVENT MAPLES MEMORIAL UMC THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2017 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM For further information and registration contact: Rev. Hal Hall Hal@mapleschurch.org Church Office: 662-895-2279 Deadline is Monday, November 13, 2017 Christians spend … …Read More →
Greetings! I just wanted to thank all of you for the great work you have done responding to the recent natural disasters. I know that more than 300 cleaning buckets, a massive amount of hygiene kits, and various other … …Read More →
NOVEMBER 13TH AT HERNANDO UMC-SPECIAL GUESTS IRIS HOLLOWAY AND CARLA GANT of Sardis UMC will share their ministry with the UM Children’s Home in Clinton. JANUARY 15TH AT METHODIST HOSPITAL OLIVE BRANCH FOR A SPECIAL TOUR OF THIS OUTSTANDING FACILITY … …Read More →
We are so excited that Cristen Craven Barnard will be our guest speaker at our Women’s Conference to take place at Clarksdale, First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall on Tuesday, November 7. The women of 1st Church & St. Paul’s Church are … …Read More →
Basic Lay Servant Class to be Offered at the Senatobia District Office on March 3, 2018 Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register Cost is $35.00 and that includes lunch and your book. There will be a pre-course and a post-course assignment. Billie … …Read More →