Please see the attached clergy directory and send corrections as you find them, you will also see a spreadsheet of churches and worship times, PLEASE send me corrections……..please note that information will be added to the clergy spouse directory ONLY IF you send it to me with your spouses permission to include.
The charge conference forms are on the conference web page!
DATES TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. August 12, 2017-FAM JAM at Christ UMC/Jackson-go to
Mississippi-umc.org for more details
2. August 12-13-Hernando UMC-family Xperience celebration-see attached document for more details…
3. August 14-15- “3-L Academy”
4. August 20@6:00 p.m. at Bakers Chapel UMC, Supper will be served as a fundraiser for the expense of “THE LIVING NATIVITY” that they offer as a gift to the public at Christmas time!
5. August 22@10:00 a.m.-CLERGY MEETING at Senatobia 1stUMC-make every effort to attend, topics to cover will include Charge Conferences and Consultations!
6. September 1-4, 2017-Labor Day Holidays
7. September 7, 2017-District Office-CPR Class(only 5 more slots available, call me if you are interested)
8. September 15-18-Hernando UMC-Compassion Experience
What is it?
The Compassion Experience is a landmark presentation visiting churches, schools, and other venues across the country. It allows guests to be immersed in the reality of daily life in poverty that millions of children face around the world. It brings visitors into cultures completely outside of their own. Most importantly, it presents the blessing of hope as these children are sponsored through Compassion’s world-class child development program.
The Compassion Experience is housed in one Compassion-branded gooseneck trailer. When deployed in a parking lot, the structure allows guests to take an immersive tour through replicas of the homes, environments and stories of two children who have been a part of Compassion’s program. Each guest is equipped with an iPod Touch and headphones to guide them through the Experience. At the end of the tour, guests enter a World Impact Room where they can view photos and information about children of all ages who are waiting for sponsors. As God leads, guests have the opportunity to sponsor one (or more!) of these precious children on the spot.
9. September 16, 2017-Lay/Clergy Collaborative Event …please see attached brochure, cheaper if you register early!
10. September 18, 2017-Desoto Cluster at Minor Memorial UMC-Desoto Crossroads will share with the cluster what’s going in with their congregation in Desoto County!
11. September 23, 2017-Administrative Training, please register
12. September 23-24, 2017 at Camp Lake Stephens-Children’s Spiritual Life
13. October 21-22, 2017-at Camp Lake Stephens-Junior High Spiritual Life
14. November 10-12, 2017-at Camp Lake Stephens-Senior High Spiritual Life
15. November 12, 2017-Gathering Tour of Directors Cut at Senatobia 1st UMC!
16. November 13, 2017-Desoto Cluster at Hernando UMC
17. November 20-24, 2017-Thanksgiving Holidays
18. December 20, 2017-January 3(2018) Christmas Holidays
19. January 6, 2018-SENATOBIA DISTRICT CLERGY EPIPHANY PARTY AT BADDOUR CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20. January 15, 2018-Desoto Cluster will meet at Methodist Hospital Olive Branch for their regular meeting which will include a tour of the facility!
21. January 20, 2018-District Wide Children’s Workers Training Event-Mark this date NOW!
22. February 23-25, 2018-THE GATHERING-Directors Cut-(grades 6-12 and their leaders)
23. May 31-June 2, 2018 ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2018!!!!