DATES TO SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- July 3-6-Office closed for Independence Day, Cheryl on vacation July 7-8, office will reopen on July 9th-cheryl will be checking emails and messages while away from the office
- July 3-Walter Platt and fireworks at Wesley Meadows, sponsored by the churches of the Desoto County Cluster
- July 4-11 District Mission Team to El Salvador
- July 20-Desoto Cluster at Love UMC
- July 26-Eudora UMC Benefit for Animal Shelter
- August 1-Clergy Summer Gathering and Fellowship
- August 8-District UMW School of Mission
- September 21-Desoto Cluster at Bakers Chapel
- October 24-District UMW Annual Meeting
- November 23-26 Office Closed for Thanksgiving Holidays!
- December 3-Clergy Christmas Party
- December 18-January 4-Office Christmas Holidays
- January 16, 2016-District Training at Batesville 1st
- May 1, 2016-Celebration of the Rays 45 Years in Faithful Ministry!
HUMBLED BY PRAYER
By Cynthia Laird
Member of the 2015 Senatobia District Mission Team
On Saturday, June 20, 2015, Southaven First United Methodist Church hosted the Senatobia District UMVIM Mission Team 2015 Prayer Service. For months, prayer partners have been diligently praying for God’s grace and power for the mission. First we gathered for a potluck meal as some of us met our prayer partners for the first time. What a blessing to see those smiling enthusiastic faces, and to know the deep Christian love that they feel for the Lord and His work.
After the meal, we joined for the prayer service in the sanctuary. Cheryl Denley led the service, Joann Freeman offered a prayer for the mission, and Rev. Amanda Gordon, our mission team leader, shared a message about mission experiences from last year, and some new opportunities awaiting us this year. Then the team members joined with their prayer partners for individual prayers. Finally, we shared in a covenant prayer at the altar while our prayer partners laid hands on our shoulders. It is very humbling to know that someone values your service to God so much that they continually offer up prayers for you.
Our mission trip will take place on July 4 through July 11. There are fifteen members of the team this year, just like last year, and about half of the members from the team last year are returning to El Salvador. We look forward to seeing El Salvador with a fresh vision through the eyes of the new team members. We also look forward to experiencing God as we work with and learn more about the people of El Salvador. Please pray for the safety for our team as we travel, and that our team and the people we encounter in El Salvador will together experience God’s grace, power, and love in a miraculous way.
Como United Methodist Church has begun the process of hiring an administrative assistant. After 5 years the current administrative assistant has resigned in order to become a grandmother. Hours are from 8:30-1:30 Monday through Thursday. Resumes should be mailed to Como UMC P.O Box 277, Como, MS, 38619. If there are any questions please call Rev. Phillip Dearman, at 662-836-8768.
Please be in prayer for Michelle Hazelrig (wife of Rev.Greg Hazelrig) and her family as they mourn the loss and celebrate the life of Michelle’s mother, Louise Lewis. Mrs Lewis was a resident at Wesley Meadows Retirement Community in Hernando. Visitation will be Wednesday, June 24, 5-7, at Brantley Funeral Home in Olive Branch, with the funeral service on Thursday at 10:00 a.m. in the same location.
The potluck scheduled June 18th for children’s ministry folks has been cancelled. Too many vbs’s going on at this time! We will reschedule in the fall and share ideas on planning for advent and Christmas! Cheryl … …Read More →
A Stop Hunger Now packing event was held at Tunica UMC on May 23, 2015. Pat Bibb led us in raising the funds and organizing the event where we packaged 20,000 meals. There were 70 volunteers, a crowd from young … …Read More →