Director of Youth and Children’s Ministries at Coffeeville UM ( part-time position ) is available. Interested individuals should contact the Church office at: 662/675-2690 or Christine Fielder, Chair of Staff Pastor Parish Relations at: 662/675-2567.
The United Methodist Appalachian Ministry Network 2017 Hunger & Poverty Grant applications are now available, twice a year. UMAMN Deadline 3/1/2017 and 9/1/2017 for Conference level signatures, applications must be received in the conference office (320-C Briarwood DR, Jackson, MS 39206) no later than 2/13/2017 and 8/1/2017.
- Application must be received by the cycle deadline to be considered for current cycle.
- Maximum grant amount is $2,500.00.
- Grants cannot be used for agency/ministry operating expenses but may be used for non-agency/ministry resource persons.
- Grants must be used for projects within the geographic region of Appalachia and that serve a majority of Appalachian people.
- Here are the counties in Mississippi that fall inside the Appalachian region:
- Alcorn, Benton, Calhoun, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Clay, Itawamba, Kemper, Lee, Lowndes, Marshall, Monroe, Montgomery, Noxubee, Oktibbeha, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo, Union, Webster, Winston, and Yalobusha (see attached map)
- Priority will be given to applications addressing causes and barriers related to hunger and poverty.
- Project must be church-related—local, district, conference, or ecumenical (must have active UM involvement.)
Apply for a grant: http://www.umamn.org/grants/apply-grant/
Join us to make Children’s Ministry the best it can be in YOUR church
We would like to invite you to be a part of a group of people involved in Children’s Ministry in the Senatobia District. If there are children within your congregation you are doing Children’s Ministry. Why not make the best of it? Join us for the organized meetings where we will get together and share ideas, plans, what’s working for you, what’s not working for you, ask questions of each other and most importantly PRAY WITH EACH OTHER. We will meet together, have a meal and spend some time in the word. We will discuss what’s on the agenda and help each other out. Whether your church has 10 children or 100 children this small group is for you. We invite volunteers, paid staff, pastors, and those interested in furthering the kingdom of God through the youngest members of our congregation.
January 28th @ District Office
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon
VBS Showcase by Cokesbury
February 28th @ Senatobia District Office
Topic: Lent is coming!! What does this mean for my kiddos?
March 28th @ Applebees in Senatobia
Meal is Dutch treat
April 25th @ Hernando UMC
Dinner is pot-luck
Topic: Summer is coming. Now what do I do with these kids?
This is the last email you will receive from the Senatobia District Daily Devotional list.
Thank you to everyone who wrote devotionals over the last two years. It has been a privilege to read and post your work.
To all those who faithfully read the devotions each week, we hope that you were blessed by this district-wide effort.
Allen (website admin)
I just wanted to thank you all for your welcome and support during these last few months. It is a joy to share in ministry with each of you and with your congregations here in the Senatobia District. Thank you … …Read More →
Click the graphic to view/download from United Methodist Communications. … …Read More →
With Christmas celebrations this weekend and the year-end fast approaching, we would like to thank you, Bishop James Swanson, Sr., the Mississippi – Africa University Partnership team, and all the congregations of the Mississippi Conference for your ongoing support for … …Read More →
With the coming of the New Year, so comes the Statistical Reporting process. We will again be using the EZRA system provided by the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) that we used in 2016. I think you will find the EZRA … …Read More →